Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday's Minute Challenge (1/27/14)

 


This is my entry for the Monday Minute Challenge by Christ is Write; I hope you all like it!
Here's a link to the website:  http://christiswrite.blogspot.com/2014/01/mondays-minute-challenge_27.html

Every minute that passed was one minute closer to my worst nightmare. I struggled with the fears that threatened to strangle me and breathed deeply several times, willing myself to calm down and think. It was now or never, and it if was never, I could die. There was a window three feet above me and it was my only hope. I struggled to climb up the steep wall without hurting my throbbing swollen arm. Just as I sat on the windowsill and started to make my way out, I heard something behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing, hoping it wasn't who it had to be. "Trying to escape, are we?" a cold voice said quietly, sending chills up my spine. Veldi stepped into the room, his cold eyes emotionless as always. Veldi's best advantage over me was probably that he knew everything about me while I knew nothing of him, save that he was not afraid to hurt me. There was nothing I could do against him, so why was he afraid? Did he know something about me that even I did not know? Instantly, my fear was turned into anger and pain and I twisted around to look at him. "Why do you hate me so? Why can't you leave me be?" I exclaimed furiously with tears welling up in my eyes. "I'm afraid that would be impossible, my dear," he replied coolly. I shuddered at the latter part of his statement. Then his words began to sink in and dread descended into my heart. What did he mean? Was I going to be stuck in this cold and filthy hole forever? Why was he so afraid?
I hope you liked it!