Monday, January 20, 2014

In the Tough Times

There are so many times when you just want to give up; it's so easy to just stop trying when the going gets rough, even when you're doing hard things for God. Especially when you're doing hard things for God. The devil will throw all he's got at you: temptations, the urging to do something you shouldn't, hardships, trials, and so on. God lets him do that so that we may grow stronger in Him. When we go through temptations and troubles, God gives us the strength to resist them. As 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
I really like the band BarlowGirl; it's a band made up of 3 sisters who are committed to serving God with their musical talents. Recently they retired, but that's not the point. They have a song called, 'Stay with Me' and one of the lines says, "If you won't take me out, then please take me through this." It's one of my favorite BarlowGirl songs.
As I embark on my first big hard thing, I know that I will encounter some tough times. I also know that when they come, it's not because God has abandoned me. It's because he wants to build me into the godly woman he plans for me to become.
Thanks for reading! I hope you will continue to read my little tidbits as I update the website. :D