Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 47: Bofur hat

OK, all of you know that I am a HUGE LOTR/Hobbit fan. I decided I just HAD to make a hat related to the Hobbit...
and here it is! (It looks a lot better when someone is wearing it)


When I was watching The Unexpected Journey for the first time, I fell in love with Bofur's hat. I'm a major hat person, so it really stuck out. Of course, after making this I had to make me one for my birthday. Especially since my birthday party was kind of based on the Hobbit. :)

Here's a little Bilbo I made out of clay to put on my cake. I spent a lot of time making the hair (because Hobbits have to have curly hair) and guess what happened a minute or two after I put him on the cake?
HE FELL OVER ON HIS HEAD!!!
Which meant he got icing in his hair, and since it's curly and hard it is was really hard to clean out. :P  :)

Poor quality pic, I know. :P